Plantar Fasciitis Night Sock | Soft Stretching Boot Splint for Sleeping, Achilles Tendonitis Foot Support Brace & Heel Pain Relief Compression Sleeve
How To Treat Plantar Fasciitis
If you’re struggling with Plantar Fasciitis, this plantar fasciitis sock stands out from other treatment options. It provides compression for stretching but also mobility. Many night braces or orthotics for plantar fasciitis are designed like a boot that makes late-night trips to the bathroom difficult. Plus, these products are often hot and uncomfortable to sleep in. Unlike these rigid options, the sleek design of our plantar fasciitis night splint makes getting a good night of sleep possible for those who struggle with bulkier boot-style options.
There are also other remedies that can be used to treat Plantar Fasciitis and help relieve your foot and heel pain. Physical therapy can help teach you exercises and to massage and stretch the affected area. Taping may also be an option. It is recommended to talk to your doctor if you have specific questions regarding your condition.
How do Plantar Fasciitis Socks Ease Your Pain?
The key with this plantar fasciitis night splint sock is its dorsiflexion assist strap that stretches from the ankle to the toes. The fastener strap threads through a buckle, so you can easily adjust how much your plantar fascia stretches during the night.
A medical professional can provide more specific advice when it comes to the appropriate amount of plantar fasciitis stretching needed for relief from plantar fasciitis pain. But generally speaking, just a mild dorsiflexion foot stretch will suffice.
Another great feature of this stretching splint is that it includes an alligator fastener clip that allows for full customization. This piece is removable so you can make the straps shorter for a greater stretch. As seen in the photos above, you can fold the strap over and attach the fastener piece back onto the strap
The support for plantar fasciitis is constructed of premium-grade neoprene. This material is soft against the skin and free of latex. Another convenient feature of this plantar fasciitis soft night splint is that it has grip-friendly material on the bottom, so you are at less risk of slipping due to the plantar fascia sock when moving about at night. Also, you can easily unhook the dorsiflexion strap for more comfortable walking in this scenario.
This treatment sock splint leaves the heel of the foot open for improved breathability and user comfort. It is available in four different sizes that fit a wide range of shoe sizes. Both men and women can benefit from using this plantar fasciitis sock night splint.
A contact closure around the ankle means this component of the foot sock for plantar fasciitis arch pain is highly adjustable for a comfortable fit at the ankle, too.
Tips to Help Plantar Fasciitis Treatment Process:
While getting used to sleeping with the foot in dorsiflexion will likely take some time, a night splint sock for plantar fasciitis therapy is often easier to get used to than sleeping with a rigid plantar fasciitis boot. If the sock is uncomfortable, we recommend lessening the degree of stretch that you use. Another option would be to only wear the splint for a short period of time and work up to wearing it for longer periods of time. This stretching splint should be worn at night or while you’re resting during the day. If you are looking for something to wear throughout the day, check out this plantar fasciitis day splint brace.
Obviously, stretching the foot at night will help with plantar fasciitis relief, but this method can also help with other injuries such as Achilles tendonitis, plantar flexion contractures, heel spurs, and other lower leg overuse injuries.
What is Plantar Fasciitis?
The condition’s name is derived from the plantar fascia, which is the thick tendon that connects your heel and your toes, creating the arch in your foot. Plantar fasciitis is a condition characterized by a stabbing sensation in the heel that most often accompanies your first steps of the day. Once you have moved around a bit, limbering up your foot, the pain typically eases. Similarly, the stabbing sensation may also flare up when you stand after sitting for an extended time. The pain may also return following long hours on your feet or after an intense bout of physical activity.
Causes of Plantar Fasciitis:
- Extra weight
- Non-supportive shoes
- Long periods of standing on hard surfaces
- Athletic activities that put stress on your foot
Symptoms of Plantar Fasciitis:
- Pain in the bottom of your foot
- Pain at the front or center of your heel bone
- Increased pain in the morning with your first steps
- Increased pain with activity
- Pain when flexing
- Heel tenderness
- Foot tingling or burning
3 Reasons Why Our Plantar Fasciitis Splint is the Best:
The Ideal Fit
The soft splint is lightweight and low-profile. In order to provide more comfort, the night splint leaves your heel open for improved breathability. It also has a grip-friendly, non-slip tread along the bottom of your foot so you can safely walk short distances in it at night, like when getting up to go to the bathroom. Many different sizes are available in order to fit everyone who needs relief.
Easy to Use
The dorsiflexion strap is easy to unhook for a trip to the kitchen or bathroom in the middle of the night if desired. The splint is easy to apply and adjust thanks to the medical-grade fastener on the dorsiflexion strap and ankle component. It also features a removable alligator fastener clip that allows for full customization.
The night socks for plantar fasciitis are constructed of premium-grade neoprene. The innovative dorsiflexion strap provides a continuous foot stretch for plantar fasciitis, easing your heel pain. Also, our product is a simple black color and latex free. To clean the soft brace, hand wash it in warm water with a mild detergent and air dry.
Frequently Asked Questions About This Soft Night Brace
- What conditions / injuries does this ankle stabilizer treat? This nighttime foot brace is the perfect support for many different conditions including foot drop, plantar fasciitis, and Achilles tendonitis.
- How does it work? This flexible splint for plantar fasciitis, foot drop, and more helps reduce the painful tightening that you endure after you wake up and take your first steps. It holds your foot at a 90-degree angle while you sleep, stretching your fascia, Achilles tendon, and calf muscle.
- When should I wear it? This plantar fasciitis brace is only meant to be worn while sleeping or kicking your feet back on the couch. It is not meant to be worn while walking long distances. Please remove this brace if you plan on walking further than a few steps around the house. We also offer a different foot support for daytime use.
- What is it made of? Neoprene sock with soft polyester lining, foam/cloth laminate ankle wrap, nylon/polyester blend toe strap with hook and loop fastener, and embossed neoprene non-slip tread. All components are latex free.
- Who can wear this brace? Men and women of all ages can benefit from the stretch provided by this nighttime foot sock.
- What size should I buy? Size S fits Women’s US shoe sizes from 6-8.5 and Men’s US shoe sizes 5-7.5. Size M fits Women’s US shoe sizes 9-12.5 and Men’s US shoe sizes 8-11.5. Size L fits Women’s US shoe sizes 12.5+ and Men’s US shoe sizes ranging from 12-15. Fits your left or right foot.
- How do I put it on? Undo the ankle strap and slide your foot all the way into the sock. Wrap the ankle strap snugly around your ankle and secure the fastener. Unhook the toe strap, feed it through the D-ring, and pull gently upward. Reattach the toe strap to the top of your foot. You should feel a gentle stretch in your plantar fascia. For a greater stretch, remove the fastener end piece. Fold or cut the strap to make it shorter and reattached the end piece. Please note, once trimmed the sock can’t be returned.
- Washing Instructions: Hand wash in warm water with mild soap. Allow Achilles tendon stretcher to air dry completely before reapplying. Do not remove the plastic shell.
- Other features:
- Can be worn with or without socks
- Breathable, open-heel design
- Highly adjustable, 2-strap system for a secure fit
- Color: Black.